Thursday, March 6, 2008

Social Networking sites...

This is a good article on how social networking sites are losing popularity.

I joined Facebook in 2007, and have a profile there but rarely visit the site anymore. It was fun for a few months, but after that it was just another thing to maintain and check.

I agree with the article's assessment of MySpace - I think it is annoying, terribly designed, and mainly for teenage girls - or those who think they are teenage girls (and people that cannot spell or string together two coherent sentences). Most people I know have moved to Facebook, but even then the interest eventually dies out.

Read the article here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was on myspace for a while, but I think the things people do to their pages are hideous. I prefer the clean look of facebook, but like you am losing interest.

Anonymous said...

In two years no one will care about either.

Anonymous said...

MySpace is shooting itself in the foot with the ads, and the heavy customizations they allow their users to do. I agree with the article that the social networking sites are losing popularity.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed meeting a few old friends from high school. Beyond that, pretty useless.