Friday, March 7, 2008

Sometimes you get lucky...



PAY gapped down and quickly fell through S2 (yellow horizontal line), and then consolidated for 5-6 bars. It printed a hanging-man candle below the consolidation level (white horizontal line); price did not break the hanging-man's low, but the next bar was a narrow-range, inside bar - I entered on a break of that bar's low.

Price collapsed over the next nine bars, and I sold on a break of the doji high. I left some money on the table as price rolled over and continued down - but I was happy with the quick, substantial profit.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice trade. Would you ever consider reentering when you saw it turn back down?

Tom C said...

As a general rule I don't, but I am not opposed to it if the setup is compelling. Usually after I close a trade, I just move on to the next one.

Anonymous said...

I love this trade.

What broker do you use?

Tom C said...

Victor, I use TerraNova Trading.

bl said...

Tom C, looks like a very small opening gap but by first 30" it was down 4% does. Does it matter to you how much it gaps down/up.

Anonymous said...

nice trade... thing didnt bounce a lick off the opening range low.